We at Edwards Vacuum believe that there is always a better way. This spirit drives us to provide leading edge technology, innovative and sustainable products, as well as best in class service to our customers around the globe. That's where you come in - we believe our people make it happen. We provide a collaborative, inclusive and flexible work environment along with competitive compensation and comprehensive wellness & benefits programs.
Senior Fabricator - Innovation Center (Hillsboro, OR)
The Senior Innovation Center Fabricator will support the Engineering team in fabrication of the projects within the IC. This role will support creating prototypes and full technology demonstrators supporting the Innovation Centers engineer's designs.
- Collaborate cross functionally with mechanical, electrical, applications and project engineers
- Rapidly respond to engineering and customer requests.
- Open minded and engaged in identifying, creating, and developing ideas for fabrication and assembly optimization.
- Will help identify and document best known practices and procedures for fabrication and assembly in partnership with senior fabricators and engineers.
- Mentors and trains engineers and junior level fabricators on machining best practices by providing assistance and guidance for using tools for rapid prototyping.
- Develops documentation such as safety risk assessments, SOPs, task competency forms and checklists for machine shop tool use
- Provides regular report outs on the status of the machine shop
- Leads maintenance activities for machine shop equipment
- Working on, with and troubleshooting the following tools (Could include other equipment):
- Manual mill/lathe
- Laser cutter (sheet and tube)
- TIG and laser welding
- CNC press brake
- 3D printers
- Hand tools
To succeed in this role, the candidate must have the ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
High School graduate or completed GED
- Background in fabrication with at least 5 years' experience and a high school diploma
- Working from drawings and 3D models in partnership with project engineers, machining parts, welding, assembly of systems
- Safety oriented
- Extensive skills and experience in machining tools;
- Manual mill and lathe
- TIG welding (work with stainless steel is a plus)
- Laser welding is a plus
- CNC Machines (laser cutter and break press)
- CAD experience is highly desirable
- Experience with equipment maintenance
- Experience with hand tools (Drills, grinders, saws, ect.)
- Experience with component assembly
- Ability to read technical drawings and effectively communicate with engineers if there are questions or concerns
- Experience with 3D printers is desirable
- Metrology experience is a plus
- Be adaptable in a new environment.
- Self-motivated, independent, flexible, organized, and methodical.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of engineers on multiple projects
- Proactive, positive team player with good interpersonal skills, strong in communication, and people oriented. Thrives on working in a dynamic, complex, and multicultural business environment.
- Able to work in a high stress, ambiguous environment and able to persist in facing obstacles while dealing constructively with setbacks.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Develops concepts and methodologies based on his/her experience and shares learnings/knowledge with others.
- Sharp & Forward Thinking - Able to operate with bright and charismatic people, adept at communicating and directing technical priorities and articulating poignant insight to the project plans.
- Accurate and diligent with the awareness to speed up project execution within a pressurized environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. They are also used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical; and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R&D applications.
Edwards has over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.